The purpose of this Policy is to establish the means by which eligible, full-time faculty may receive educational assistance for advanced course work at other educational institutions.
The University may reimburse a full-time faculty member 50% of the tuition cost for advanced course work at other educational institutions, provided that:
- At least one year of service has been completed as a full-time member of the University faculty;
- Such course work is considered relevant to the faculty member’s professional responsibilities at Lynn University;
- Prior approval for each course or program has been obtained in writing from the appropriate Dean and the Vice President for Academic Affairs;
- The faculty member submits an official transcript and tuition payment receipt after completion of the course(s); and
- The faculty member remains in good standing at the institution attended.
In addition to the above, full-time faculty are eligible to participate in the Educational Benefit Programs Policy.
It is the policy of Lynn University that an Educational Assistance Program is considered to be a privilege and not a right. As such, participants must be pre-approved, funds must be available, and participants must sign an Education Assistance Program Contract. Normally, the participant must agree to either (a) continue in the service of Lynn University for a minimum of one year for each year (or equivalent thereof) of benefits utilized; or (b) reimburse Lynn University for the costs incurred. These terms will be specified in the contract.
See Policy statement above.
To learn more about this policy or the supporting procedures, please contact Academic Affairs.
Policy updated on: Oct. 24, 2018