The purpose of this Policy is to provide the procedures for the retirement of full-time faculty.
There is no mandatory retirement age for faculty at the University. Some benefits upon retirement, however, do have contract and service limits. Individuals who are planning to retire are requested to notify the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the College Dean and the Director of Employee Services at least six months prior to the planned retirement date. The Director of Employee Services will provide the individual with information about employee benefits upon retirement. Any ranked faculty member at the University who is eligible to retire, and who will be retired, shall be deemed to have been separated from service to the University in good standing.
Continued participation in the educational community of the University is offered to retired faculty members. This may include invitations to:
- Attend social activities;
- Attend special educational programs or lectures and sports or other student activities;
- Serve as a guest lecturer or resource person in an area of expertise;
- Take tuition free courses in any College at the University on a space available basis;
- Utilize University services such as the Library on a non-priority basis.
To learn more about this policy or the supporting procedures, please contact Academic Affairs.
Policy updated on: Oct. 24, 2018