The mission of the Conservatory of Music at Lynn University is to provide high-quality professional education for gifted young musicians and set a superior standard for music education worldwide. Primary among the goals of the Conservatory is the nurture and education of the student body with a thorough attention to musicianship, artistry and skills needed to be competitive in the field of music performance. The aim is to train instrumental music students of high achievement through intensive programs of study in order to prepare them for performance careers. In addition, the Conservatory of Music offers a major in music composition. The conservatory faculty forms a community of exceptionally accomplished and dedicated individuals striving toward similar goals. The artist-faculty maintain active performance careers and bring their experience and expertise to the aspiring student body.
The Conservatory offers baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate level programs of study to music students who have previous extensive preparation in musical performance and/or composition. The program focuses on rigorous, professional instruction and offers a full and progressive curriculum leading to the Bachelor of Music degree, Professional Performance Certificate or Master of Music degree. Students are selected for enrollment from across the United States and globally through a stringent audition process. Artistic talent and ability, along with potential for growth, are the primary criteria for admission. Following are the requirements for obtaining post-baccalaureate degrees from the Conservatory:
Graduate admission standards for M.M. in music
Students are required to meet the following prerequisites for admission to the program:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Official undergraduate transcripts
- Two Conservatory recommendation forms
- An audition for performance and instrumental collaborative piano majors; a portfolio of three original compositions and, if available, recordings for composition majors
- For international students who have not graduated from an accredited undergraduate institution in the United States, a satisfactory TOEFL score (550 paper-based, 213 computer-based or 80 internet-based) along with an International Transcript Evaluation and a course equivalency report must be provided. International applicants must provide official TOEFL/IELTS/-PTE Academic scores if English is not the applicant’s first language. Applicants with a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (Internet-based), a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a minimum PTE Academic score of 55 will be considered (not required for Professional Performance Certificate applicants). Consideration may be given to students who fall slightly below Lynn University’s TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Academic English requirement. These cases will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Office of Admission.
|Master of Music Performance|
|Master of Music in Instrumental Collaborative Piano|
|Master of Music in Composition|
|Professional Performance Certificate|