Lynn University's College of Business and Management empowers students to thrive in the dynamic world of business.
The College of Business and Management strives to realize Lynn University's vision to be recognized as one of the most innovative, international
and individualized small universities in America.
The core values of the College of Business and Management:
- Students: We view our students as our “clients” and our principle core value. In addition to their academic training, we will teach a commitment to community service, honesty and integrity in preparation for a successful career.
- Parents: We recognize parents as key “stakeholders” in the success of their students and the College of Business and Management overall. As such, we will seek their advice, counsel and support in our strategy, direction and initiatives.
- Academic Excellence: Outstanding faculty and staff combined with small class sizes and an emphasis on experiential education will be the cornerstone of a collaborative, diverse, effective and modern education.
- Global Competency: A global learning experience and international student body will reflect our commitment and belief that a high quality education and excellent student preparation for the business world can only come from a worldwide perspective and cultural knowledge.
- Business Partnerships: Integrated learning through internships with businesses and corporations that share our values will provide students with unique opportunities to build business skills and understanding to propel them to success in their “life after Lynn”.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: We will encourage and teach students to embrace new ideas, challenges and opportunities that expose them to all possible career options.
- Lynn University: We acknowledge and embrace the Lynn University community and mission statement as the cornerstone of the College of Business and Management. We will welcome advice, resources and best practices for synergistic excellence and success.
Master of business administration
The modern business enterprise is constantly transforming as it responds to technological innovations linking local communities with the global marketplace. The Lynn University master of business administration (MBA), delivered on ground and online, is an advanced degree designed to prepare and equip managers with the knowledge and competencies needed to administer controllable forces within their organizations in order to successfully adapt to variables and changes in an uncontrollable environment. Practitioners develop skills for deciphering and forecasting external forces and in the process become effective leader managers in the increasingly multicultural, multinational environment of the 21st century.
Additionally, Lynn University offers a professional MBA program, graduate evening education for business professionals without work interruption. The professional MBA is a hybrid program with a combination of online and in person classes. Courses are held at the Greater Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce in the heart of downtown Delray Beach, Fl. Lynn University in collaboration with the Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce created a program for aspiring entrepreneurs and marketers to expand their business acumen and network with local professionals. Chamber leaders lend their professional network to complement coursework as expert guests and executive mentors.
Located at the crossroads of world trade, Lynn University offers an unparalleled laboratory for learning. The university’s expert faculty challenge graduate students, many with international backgrounds, to examine a broad spectrum of issues confronting modern business managers.
The 37 credit MBA program comprises one credit orientation course and 12 three-credit courses, of which six are foundation courses (18 credits) for the Business Administration major, three are specialization courses (9 credits) and three are elective courses (9 credits). Specializations offered entirely through Lynn University are available in the following:
- Aviation Management
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Financial Valuation and Investment Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Management
- Media Management
- Sports Management
In addition to the above specializations, students may choose to complete specializations with the Amani Institute or Wyncode Academy. Students are required to select a specialization.
The highly competitive professional MBA program enables working professionals to obtain a Master of Business Administration in marketing or entrepreneurial management specializations in 12 months.
Lynn University, in collaboration with Amani Institute, offers an MBA specialization in social innovation management. The program provides an intensive global experience with cross-boundary work and will provide nine credits toward a Lynn University MBA degree. The curriculum includes topics such as design thinking as a change agent, creating and managing a social venture and the process of social innovation.
Lynn University, in collaboration with Wyncode Academy, offers a new MBA specialization in web development. The program will allow students to combine management skills with the “full stack web application” that is provided by Wyncode. Students will acquire the skills needed to create and present their own web application.
The Lynn University MBA program is designed to prepare qualified students for middle and upper-level management leadership responsibilities in business, not-for-profit and governmental organizations. Using a general management focus and strategic approach, students demonstrate: (1) broad and integrated knowledge of business functions; (2) analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills and the use of technology for decision-making; (3) core business knowledge and tools for developing and implementing strategy, while assuring ethical behavior and (4) essential skills for building a competitive edge and successful business career.
Graduate admission standards for the MBA program
Students are required to meet the following prerequisites for admission to the program:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Undergraduate GPA 2.5 or higher.
- Official undergraduate transcripts.
- A résumé and personal statement.
- One letter of recommendation from academic or professional sources.
- A writing sample demonstrating capacity to perform at the graduate level.
- For international students who have not graduated from an accredited undergraduate institution in the United States, a satisfactory TOEFL score (550 paper-based, 213 computer-based or 80 internet-based) along with an International Transcript Evaluation and a course equivalency report must be provided. International applicants must provide official TOEFL/IELTS/-PTE Academic scores if English is not the applicant’s first language. Applicants with a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (Internet-based), a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a minimum PTE Academic score of 55 will be considered. Consideration may be given to students who fall slightly below Lynn University’s TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Academic English requirement. These cases will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Office of Admission.
- A working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office
Graduate admission standards for professional MBA program
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Recommended undergraduate GPA 3.0 or higher
- Letter of recommendation
- Professional goal statement
- Professional resume reflecting at least 4 years of post-undergraduate business experience
- Admission interview in person or via Skype; scheduled after complete application package submitted
- For international students who have not graduated from an accredited undergraduate institution in the United States, a satisfactory TOEFL score (550 paper-based, 213 computer-based or 80 internet-based) along with an International Transcript Evaluation and a course equivalency report must be provided. International applicants must provide official TOEFL/IELTS/-PTE Academic scores if English is not the applicant’s first language. Applicants with a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (Internet-based), a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a minimum PTE Academic score of 55 will be considered. Consideration may be given to students who fall slightly below Lynn University’s TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Academic English requirement. These cases will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Office of Admission
- A working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office
Prerequisites for those without an undergraduate business degree
Undergraduate transcripts from M.B.A. applicants are reviewed to determine whether the applicant has completed the following prerequisite courses:
- Accounting - ACC 205 or equivalent
- Economics – BUS 180 or equivalent
- Business Statistics – BUS 322 or equivalent
Students entering the MBA program who have not taken courses in accounting, economics, statistics and Excel will be required to complete the prerequisite courses, unless they demonstrate proficiency in each of the required prerequisite courses. Pre-requisite requirements can be met by completing undergraduate courses, or by completing MBA 511 and MBA 512. These courses can be used to fulfill elective requirements.
MBA degree completion requirements
- Complete any necessary prerequisites
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Complete GSR 501, Graduate Orientation Seminar (one credit)
- Complete 12 three-credit courses, including six foundational courses (18 credits), three specialization courses (9 credits) and three electives (9 credits)
- Students are required to choose a specialization
- Develop and successfully demonstrate a range of critical thinking and communication skills to complete a written presentation reflecting the integration and application of theory to practice in MBA 690 Strategic Management Seminar
|Master of Business Administration specializations|