Director of COBM Graduate Programs
Department: College of Business and Management
Phone: +1 561-237-7847
Fax: +1 561-237-7014
While a graduate student, Farideh Farazmand started her teaching career at Syracuse University. She has taught numerous subjects at the University of Pittsburgh, Northern Kentucky University, Florida Atlantic University and Nova Southeastern University. She has been teaching at Lynn University in the College of Business and Management since 1999. She has also served as MBA coordinator (2001-2003) and the Institutional Review Board chair (2003-Present) at Lynn.
B.S., University of Tehran, Iran
M.S., Syracuse University
Ph.D., Syracuse University
Farideh Farazmand believes that beyond learning the fundamental academic content of any course, development of critical and analytical thinking of students, fostering students' self worth and confidence by respecting and approving their way of thinking, conducting class in a democratic, but disciplined way, preparing students to function effectively and responsibly, and development of students' long life skills of writing and communication are her key objectives.
Urban and regional economics
Comparative economic systems
Money and banking
Managerial economics and cost benefit analysis
Areas of Scholarship:
- Impacts of culture on international business negotiation
- Business and government
Awards and Honors:
- Syracuse University Scholarship, Syracuse University, 1982-1983.
- Syracuse University Fellowship, Syracuse University, 1981, 1980,1979.
- International Women Association Scholarship (IWAS), U.S.A.,1978.
- Who's Who America's distinguished teacher, 2003-2004.
- Business Honors Society (SBD), 2003-Present.