If a student is locked out of his/her room after the initial lockout, a $25 charge will be assessed to the student’s account for each lockout.
- Any room change without the written approval of the Office of Residence Life will be subject to a fine of $50 for an improper check-out.
- Any student who is approved by the Director of Housing and Residence Life for release from their housing contract via the Housing Contract Appeal Process or is removed for student conduct reasons is subject to a $250 contract release fee. Students who transfer or withdraw from the University after August 1, 2018 for Fall 2018 semester or January 4, 2019 for Spring 2019 semester will be charged the contract release fee. If a student does not claim their assigned Residence Hall space by 5:00 pm on the first (1st) day of classes for the Fall and Spring semesters, per the published dates on the 2018-2019 Academic Calendar will be charged the $250 contract release fee and the assigned space may be released and reassigned to another individual.
- Students who are subject to the two year residency requirement will be charged in full for the space. Students who are no longer subject to the two year residency requirement will be charged the Contract Release Fee.
- Students will be charged replacement costs for the items missing or damaged from their rooms.
- Students may be charged for damages in common areas that occur during the period they are assigned to a room. If damage occurs and the individual responsible will not come forward or cannot be determined, all residents of the affected living unit may share equally in the cost of repairing damages.