The Master of Fine Arts in (1) Graphic and Web Design and (2) Visual Effects Animation are advanced degrees designed for media and design
professionals and recent baccalaureate graduates who plan careers as media and visual design practitioners. Both programs emphasize the
application of technology for designing sophisticated media content in the entertainment and information-delivery marketplaces.
Graduate Admission Standards for M.F.A. degrees in (1) Graphic and Web Design and (2) Visual Effects Animation
Students are required to meet the following prerequisites for admission to the MFA program:
1. A bachelor’s degree in either graphic and web design- or animation-related areas from an accredited institution.
2. Official undergraduate transcripts.
3. A letter of recommendation from an academic or professional source.
4. A writing sample demonstrating the capacity to perform at the graduate level.
5. *An approved portfolio of work produced in undergraduate courses in the major or a portfolio of professional work. Approved portfolio
determined by College of Communication and Design Graduate Admission Committee.
6. For international students who have not graduated from an accredited undergraduate institution in the United States, a satisfactory TOEFL
score (550 paper-based, 213 computer-based or 80 internet-based) along with an International Transcript Evaluation and a course
equivalency report must be provided. International applicants must provide official TOEFL/IELTS/-PTE Academic scores if English is not
the applicant’s first language. Applicants with a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (Internet-based), a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a minimum
PTE Academic score of 55 will be considered. Consideration may be given to students who fall slightly below Lynn University’s
TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Academic English requirement. These cases will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Lynn University Office of
*Students who are unable to provide a portfolio or who have submitted a portfolio that does not receive approval from the College of
Communication and Design Graduate Admission Committee may be required to complete a series of prerequisite undergraduate courses before
being admitted into the M.F.A. program.
1. Complete the degree in four calendar years from the date of a student’s initial registration or be held to any new degree requirements.
2. Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA and achieve a C (2.0) grade or higher in each course.
3. Complete GSR 501, Graduate Orientation Seminar (one credit).
4. Complete 61 graduate credits as specified in the degree curriculum below.