Lynn University encourages tailgating in a fun and family-friendly environment. We ask you to join us in practicing good sportsmanship in supporting your teams and in your conduct towards players, coaches, officials, other spectators, and our neighbors within the local community. All individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a manner respectful of the nature and character of the university. Persons acting in a disruptive, disrespectful, or disorderly manner may be asked to leave the premises. Students may also be charged with a violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
This tailgating policy is designed to ensure the enjoyment, safety, and comfort of all attendees at our athletic events occurring at Bobby Campbell Stadium. Therefore the following guidelines are established for tailgating, notwithstanding any University Policy to the contrary:
- Tailgating is permitted for designated sporting events held at Bobby Campbell Stadium only, and at locations designated by Lynn, and times designated by Lynn. The sole determination by Lynn University of such events, locations, times, and events is final.
- Only pre-approved and university-affiliated groups may sell admission to their tailgates and products, including, but not limited to, the sale of food and beverages.
- Tailgating may begin no earlier than two (2) hours prior to the start of competition for all fans.
- All tailgating must cease once competition begins, and may not resume after the game concludes.
- Alcohol may only be consumed by those of legal drinking age. ANY PERSON IN POSSESSION OF ALCOHOL (OR A BEVERAGE SUSPECTED OF CONTAINING ALCOHOL) MAY BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE VALID IDENTIFICATION TO CAMPUS SAFETY WHEN SO REQUESTED. Those in violation are subject to immediate removal from university property and/or arrest, and may further be subject to student conduct proceedings.
- Alcohol is limited to beer, malt products, and wine only. Large quantities of alcoholic beverages and common sources (kegs, beer balls, multi-liter containers, etc.) are prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages may be possessed and consumed in single-serving aluminum cans or non-glass cups only.
- No food or beverages, including alcoholic beverages, may be taken into any athletic facility or into the sports event area.
- Glass containers are prohibited. Paraphernalia typically associated with excessive consumption (funnels, beer bongs, etc.) and drinking games are prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed at any tailgating or stadium areas. The use of any tobacco products is prohibited – as is the use of products that simulate the use of tobacco such as electronic cigarettes.
- Tents must be secured and may not obstruct sideways or walkways. Family pets are prohibited on the Lynn University property.
- One parking space is permitted per vehicle in the tailgating area.
- All tailgating fans are expected to place all trash and recycling in the appropriate locations in the tailgating areas.
Campus Safety may monitor any tailgating areas to check for possible violations of this policy. Failure to comply with this tailgating policy can result in immediate revocation of the tailgating privilege, removal from university property, and/or student conduct proceedings.