- Demonstrate a commitment to remove financial barriers for those who wish to pursue postsecondary learning.
- Make every effort to assist students with financial need.
- Educate students and families through quality consumer information.
- Respect the dignity and protect the privacy of students, and assure the confidentiality of student records and personal circumstances.
- Ensure equity by applying all need analysis formulas and packaging policies consistently across the institution’s full population of student financial aid applicants.
- Provide services that do not discriminate against students on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or economic status.
- Submit award notifications and denials within a reasonable amount of time from the date of application.
- Ensure the continuation of a quality assurance plan to review financial aid records and work delegated to staff to ensure consistency and compliance with statutes, regulations, and institutional policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the student has explored all other potential sources of aid and caution the student to borrow the minimum amount needed.
- Prohibit any agent or employee of a lender from staffing the financial aid office at any time.
- Prohibit any remuneration for recommending any lender or for participation on any financial aid advisory board.
- Review the institution’s recommended private lender list annually.
- Recognize the need for and support professional development and continuing education opportunities.
- Promote the full expression of ideas and opinions, and foster respect for diverse viewpoints within the profession.
- Commit to the highest level of ethical behavior and refrain from conflict of interest or the perception thereof.
- Make every attempt possible to automate office procedures and functions and examine all available avenues to obtain necessary equipment.
Take the next step
Get started on your future today