There's a community for everyone
We are a community that affirms the spirituality, religion and equality of all people. We believe in the power of coexistence, and we work—one step at a time—toward the idealistic goal of creating widespread peace. From worship services and sacred spaces on and off campus, to student religious organizations and multi-faith fairs, it is our duty to educate students about theology and all the benefits it can bear.
Sacred spaces on campus are available for members of all faiths and denominations to utilize, observe and inquire.
- The Landgren Chapel, established when Lynn was Marymount College, now serves as a link to the university’s Roman Catholic roots. Masses are regularly offered Monday–Thursday at noon, and Sundays at 7 p.m.
- The Masjid is an Islamic prayer room equipped with Holy Quar’an books, which makes it possible for Muslim students to perform their five daily ritual prayers. It may also be used for Islam discussions.
- The Snyder Sanctuary serves as a place of refuge, spiritual reflection, meditation, music, celebration and dialogue. Its outdoor labyrinth adopts an ancient pattern found in cultures around the world and is used to quiet the mind, find balance and encourage meditation and insight. By walking the path in and out, one can develop a sense of empowerment, spiritual insight and a new connection to self.
For local houses of worship off campus, please visit the Boca Guide.
Student religious organizations
- Lynn University Catholic Knights (LUCK) create and strengthen friendships, encourage spiritual growth, promote personal development, provide service to the community, and practice Catholicism in a group setting.
- Chabad Student Center members work together with Lubavitcher Rebbe to fulfill his one mission: bring warmth and love of Jewish heritage to all local Jewish college students through individual relationship development, small discussion groups, inspiring lectures, exciting programming and spiritual experiences. The organization’s ultimate goal is to create and foster Jewish friendships and to bring Jewish people closer together to establish a shared heritage.
- Hillel provides social and educational programs focusing on Jewish holidays, scholarship and history. The organization grants opportunities for social exchange throughout the year, and membership is open to all students who want to learn about the Jewish faith.