Lynn University established a Council of Stakeholders to serve as an advisory board to its Social Impact Lab, an experiential co-working space offering programs focused on community-based nonprofits, social enterprise start-ups, impact investing and business as a force for good.
The council includes 10 local, national and international practitioners and thought leaders in social entrepreneurship and impact investing. Ron and Marty Cordes, co-founders and presidents of the Cordes Foundation, will serve as co-chairs. Additional members include:
- Mark Bauhaus, CEO, founder and general partner, Just Business LLC
- Katharina Breme, founder and managing director, International Business Performance LLC
- Steve Fox, CEO, Think Impact
- Jennifer Kenning, CEO and co-founder, Align Impact
- Jeff Perlman, executive vice president for business development, CDS International Holdings, Inc.
- Paul Rice, CEO and founder, Fair Trade USA
- Jim Sempere, CEO and founder, Gnu Foundation
- Sakena Yacoobi, founder and executive director, Afghan Institute of Leadership
"We created the Social Impact Lab to inspire the next generation of changemakers,” said Jerry Hildebrand, director of the Social Impact Lab at Lynn. “The council allows our students access to global industry leaders with a history of success in the social impact arena. I look forward to working alongside our board members to support students in developing ventures for social change.”
The council will meet beginning in fall 2018 to provide strategic advice to the Social Impact Lab team. Members will review Social Impact Lab programming, build connections to specialists in related fields, present as guest speakers and mentor students.