This gift is one of many by Mary Ann and the late Harold Perper that has made an impact on the quality of campus life over the past 25 years.
Mrs. Perper was honored with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and speeches by President Kevin M. Ross and students Evan Hargrove, class of ’17, and Jordyn Turner, class of ’16.
“The Perpers’ generosity impacts every student who steps foot on our campus, and it’s an honor to have their name on our intramural field,” said Ross. “We are grateful for Mary Ann’s continued and extraordinary commitment to enhancing students’ lives on campus.”
“The Perpers’ generosity impacts every student who steps foot on our campus, and it’s an honor to have their name on our intramural field.”
President Kevin M. Ross
The new intramural field features upgrades such as a scoreboard and lights that allow Lynn’s Fighting Knights and club sports teams to practice and compete day and night.
Mrs. Perper’s generous gift supports the pursuit of master plan Lynn 2020, which includes building new residence halls in the space the former intramural field occupied.
The soon-to-be-built Mary Ann and Harold Residence Center also supports that university initiative.
Other gifts the Perpers have given to the Lynn community
- Mary Ann and Harold Perper Grandstands at Bobby Campbell Stadium
- Perper Tennis Complex
- Mary Ann and Harold Perper Orchestra and Mezzanine Seating in the Keith C. and Elaine Johnson Wold Performing Arts Center
- Mary and Harold Perper Plaza
- Perper Mailroom
- Harold and Mary Perper Testing Center in the Institute for Achievement and Learning
- Perper Coffee House
- Perper Communication Center
- Scholarships and annual gifts