The Lynn University College of Communication and Design (CCD) provides students an opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to build successful communication careers in the global media marketplace.
The college is committed to blending a strong liberal arts concentration with professional programs in communication that offer “hands-on” educational opportunities in film and television directing, writing, camera work, lighting, set design and digital editing; journalism, advertising and public relations; studies in traditional and emerging media; and digital art and design, including the study of photography, animation and graphic design.
The unique combination of theory, practice and internships offers students an opportunity to build a solid foundation for success in the competitive fields of communication. The college’s innovative approach to collaborative education enables students to participate in integrated learning projects that simulate media industries and promote the transition to professional positions in communication and media.
State-of-the-art digital facilities house broadcast and cinema production and post-production centers, digital art and design labs with 3D printing and motion capture animation studios that enable students to develop professional skills and an advanced understanding of studio, field and news production, as well as digital post-production and editing. Instructional facilities for new media promote the early adoption of developing technologies into the mass media mix, including social and mobile media, web design, audio/video streaming, interactive business presentations and emerging media.
Master of Science in communication and media (M.S.): The Master of Science in Communication and Media is an advanced degree designed for media professionals and recent baccalaureate graduates who plan careers as media scholars and/or practitioners. The program emphasizes the application of technology and new media delivery systems in the evolving media environment. Please see the graduate admission standards for M.S. in communication and media.
Students are required to meet the following prerequisites for admission to the program:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA 3.0 or higher
- Official undergraduate transcripts
- A letter of recommendation from an academic or professional source
- A writing sample demonstrating the capacity to perform at the graduate level
- For international students who have not graduated from an accredited undergraduate institution in the United States, a satisfactory TOEFL score (550 paper-based, 213 computer-based or 80 internet-based) along with an International Transcript Evaluation and a course equivalency report must be provided. International applicants must provide official TOEFL/IELTS/-PTE Academic scores if English is not the applicant’s first language. Applicants with a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (Internet-based), a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a minimum PTE Academic score of 55 will be considered. Consideration may be given to students who fall slightly below Lynn University’s TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Academic English requirement. These cases will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Office of Admission.
- Complete the degree in four calendar years from the date of a student’s initial registration or be held to any new degree requirements.
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA and achieve a C (2.0) grade or higher in each course.
- Complete GSR 501, Graduate Orientation Seminar (one credit).
- Complete 36 graduate credits of foundation and specialization* course work, and a one-credit orientation seminar. Students completing the Digital Media specialization are required to submit a digital portfolio at the conclusion of their studies.
* In the media studies and practice specialization, a creative project or thesis may be substituted for COM 540 and COM 545.
The curriculum seeks a balance of theory and practice by incorporating a substantive foundation of communication and media theory, research, law and history with multiple layers of practical application in content production and delivery.
|Master of Science (M.S.) in Communication and Media specializations|
|Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) in Graphic and Web Design|
|Certificate in Digital Media|