Extraordinary performances in an intimate setting
The Wold is available to rent for corporate events, large meetings, conferences and performances. The facility features:
- Wold Theatre with seating for 750 guests; flexible stage space well-suited for dramatic productions, concerts and other cultural events; superb acoustics; and a modern lighting system
- Schmidt Family Studio, a black box space, for smaller or more avant-garde productions
- The Christine E. Lynn Salon, a bright space off the lobby for receptions and small gatherings.
- A bright, spacious, elegant lobby with ornate chandeliers reminiscent of Lincoln Center
- Concession stand for light snacks, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages on request
Dedicated in spring 2010, the Wold Performing Arts Center is home to live theatrical performances by the university's theater arts program and professional Live at Lynn series, Conservatory of Music concerts and other university-hosted events.
Construction was funded by generous gifts from Elaine Johnson Wold and on behalf of her late husband Keith, along with contributions from individual donors. Mrs. Wold and her family committed $9.3 million for construction of the theater that now bears their names.