Director, Lynn Three Year Degree Program
Department: College of Arts and Sciences
Phone: +1 561-237-7487
Fax: +1 561-237-7400
James Kassar is the Director of the three year Degree Program and teaches Quantitative Reasoning courses in Lynn's new core curriculum, The Dialogues of Learning.
B.A., Brooklyn College
M.S., The College of Staten Island
P.D., St. John' University
James Kassar is a lifelong educator with a passion for learning. He believes that all students, including those with different learning abilities, can learn and be highly successful. An integral component of his teaching style is to incorporate the 3 R's in my daily presentations: 1) Relevance – Students must understand why they need to master the subject matter. An effective teacher clearly shows the relevance of the curriculum through real-world applications 2) Rigor – Students must be challenged and learning must reach the highest level for each student 3) Relationships – Students must be respected and the effective teacher must develop close professional mentoring and coaching experiences with students.
Areas of Scholarship:
- Mathematical applications and personal finance
Awards and Honors:
- JROTC Outstanding Service Award, Coconut Creek High School, 2004
- Educator of the Year, Association of Teachers of New York, 1992
- Queens High School Supervisor of the Year Nominee, Queens High Schools, 1990-92
- Vocational Industrial Club of America (VICA) Outstanding Service Award, 1990