Lynn swim senior day 2019, representing Antigua and Barbuda, England, Argentina and Spain.Aliah Maginley, student
Beyond the classroom
Complete one three-week J-Term course that explores innovative ideas, topics and experiential learning. The curriculum consists of interdisciplinary offerings and opportunities for internships, workshops and other hands-on learning, such as:
- Performing an off-Broadway production in New York City
- Studying and attending the presidential inauguration in Washington, D.C.
- Interning with the ESPN X Games in Aspen, Colorado
- Learning how to start a business on a shoestring budget
- Studying the connections between humans and the Atlantic Ocean
- Discovering what it’s really like to be a teacher in the school system
The Citizenship Project
All first-year students take a course during J-Term that focuses on a civic issue or problem.
Students participate in projects to enhance the community and make an impact. Citizenship Project topics include homelessness, environmental sustainability and urban renewal.