Expand your knowledge of the English language
Improve your English-speaking skills through The Bridge Program which blends intensive English instruction with university coursework.
Completion of the program helps students make a successful transition into the university’s full-time undergraduate program. Students live on campus and enjoy all aspects of university life and are fully matriculated at Lynn.
The program of study created in collaboration with LAL Language Centres includes:
- Seminar-style classes aligned with Lynn’s core curriculum
- Enhanced critical thinking and reasoning, written and oral communication
- Reading, writing and research skills
- Expanded knowledge of academic content and vocabulary
- Grammatical structures in spoken and written academic contexts
- Lecture-listening and note-taking skills, participation in class discussions
“I could not imagine myself anywhere else but here. The amount of international students drew me in. After my first semester here, I learned that the best way to succeed in life is to be truly prepared.”
Pedro Saona, business administration, Guayaquil, Ecuador
Learning doesn’t get more innovative than this.
At Lynn University, we embrace technology by encouraging our students to engage with course content through iPads, and our professors can develop custom course materials.
The Bridge Program is designed specifically for applicants who score between 50 and 71 on the TOEFL (internet-based) or between 5.0 and 6.0 on the IELTS, and who meet all other university admission requirements. While taking 18 hours of English classes, students enroll in two university-level courses.
- 9–10 a.m. – University course
- 10–11 a.m. – University course
- 1–2 p.m. – Advanced Speaking and Listening course
- 2–3 p.m. – Advanced Reading and Writing course
- 3–4 p.m. – Advanced Communication and Presentation course
More information is available in the academic catalog.
To apply, follow the application requirements for international students.