Teach others your passion
Become a certified flight instructor and get paid while you continue to log flight hours. Earn while you learn: getting your flight instructor certificate at Lynn gives you a great opportunity to earn income in the aviation field, even with low flight hours. Plus, you’ll continue to log flight hours while you develop a new skill set.
What you’ll learn through the certified flight instructor program
- Retain and refresh the aviation knowledge you’ve acquired as you teach it to others
- Network in the aviation field
- Develop your skill as a captain
Learning doesn’t get more innovative than this.
At Lynn University, we embrace technology by encouraging our students to engage with course content through iPads, and our professors can develop custom course materials.
Certified flight instructor curriculum
Students in the certified flight instructor certificate program must complete 4 credit hours. The certified flight instructor program course includes:
AVM 310 Flight Instruction Methods and Procedures: This course will prepare you for the FAA flight instructor’s exam. By the end of the course, you will be prepared to successfully complete all the training requirements for the commercial flight instructor’s ratings.
Prerequisites for the flight instructor course include:
- Obtain a private pilot’s license
- Obtain commercial pilot rating and instrument pilot rating certificates
In addition, requirements for the certified flight instructor certificate include:
- Obtaining a visa if you are an international student
- Passing a medical exam
- Being at least 17 years old when you complete the certification
Flight instructor jobs and careers
Flight instructor jobs offer you a great way to spread your wings. With a certified flight instructor certificate, you’ll be qualified to pursue these different avenues in aviation:
- Airplane flight instructor
- University aviation professor
- Ground school/flight simulator instructor
Or earn your B.S. in aviation management and qualify for specialist, coordinator and management roles, such as:
- Air traffic controller
- Private or commercial pilot
- Information or HR specialist
- Corporate manager
- Airport manager