International students requiring an F-1 student visa must meet all of the requirements outlined above. Once admitted, students must also submit the following documents for the I-20 Form (Certificate of Eligibility) to be issued:
- I-20 Required Documents Form (completed online using ISSO Student Access Portal) accompanied by:
- A copy of a bank letter or bank statement on bank letterhead, signed and dated by a bank representative. Documentation of scholarships and/or government sponsorship can also be included to show funding.
- Approval from financial sponsor using the online form or a scanned Certification of Finances Form.
- Copy of the biographical page of the applicant’s passport.
- Transfer Eligibility Form (completed online using ISSO Student Access Portal). All international students who are currently studying in the United States on an F-1 student visa are required to submit this form.
Once all of the necessary documents have been submitted, students will be issued the I-20 Form. This form, as well as a valid passport and financial certification, must be presented at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the student’s country of residence to obtain the required F-1 student visa for study in the United States.