Application procedures

In addition to all of the application requirements for graduate certificate, master’s and doctoral degree programs, international graduate applicants must also submit:

  • Official International Transcript Evaluation and Course Equivalency Report.
  • Official TOEFL/IELTS/ PTE Academic scores if English is not the applicant’s first language. Applicants with a minimum TOEFL score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer based or 80 internet-based, a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a minimum PTE Academic score of 55 will be considered (not required for Professional Performance Certificate applicants). Consideration may be given to students who fall slightly below Lynn University’s TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Academic English requirement. These cases will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Office of Admission. Applicants from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, the Commonwealth Caribbean, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa or the United Kingdom are not required to submit proof of English proficiency test scores.

The I-20 form

International students requiring an F-1 student visa must meet all of the requirements outlined above. Once admitted, students must also submit the following documents for the I-20 Form (Certificate of Eligibility) to be issued:

  • I-20 Required Documents Form (completed online using ISSO Student Access Portal) accompanied by:
    • A copy of a bank letter or bank statement on bank letterhead, signed and dated by a bank representative. Documentation of scholarships and/or government sponsorship can also be included to show funding.
    • Approval from financial sponsor using the online form or a scanned Certification of Finances Form.
    • Copy of the biographical page of the applicant’s passport.
  • Transfer Eligibility Form (completed online using ISSO Student Access Portal). All international students who are currently studying in the United States on an F-1 student visa are required to submit this form.

Once all of the necessary documents have been submitted, students will be issued the I-20 Form. This form, as well as a valid passport and financial certification, must be presented at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the student’s country of residence to obtain the required F-1 student visa for study in the United States.