Getting around with the Lynn shuttle
The Lynn Day Shuttle runs on a route system with different weekday and weekend routes. Students may board the shuttle from the mailroom parking lot and request drop off at one of multiple designated stops, including The Town Center at Boca Raton, Boca Raton Tri-Rail, Wal-Mart SuperCenter and the Polo Club Shoppes.
Get route maps, schedules and additional information by contacting the Office of Student Involvement at OSI@lynn.edu.
The shuttle does not provide service to Fort Lauderdale, Miami or Palm Beach airports and does not operate during some holidays and breaks.
In addition to the usual national chains, like Cheesecake Factory, Chili's, Macaroni Grill, California Pizza Kitchen and more, there are literally hundreds of restaurants in and around Boca Raton. And because South Florida is home to a widely international community, it's easy to find foods from every culture and nationality. Be sure to check out the following local favorites, all within minutes of campus:
- JB's on the Beach, Deerfield
- Baja Café, downtown Boca Raton
- Dada's, Delray Beach
Whether you prefer to remain budget-conscious in big department stores or find truly one-of-a-kind treasures made by local designers, you'll find shopping options to fit any budget here in Boca Raton.
- Town Center Mall, an indoor shopping mall, is around the corner from Lynn's campus featuring top major national retailers, famous designer boutiques and restaurants.
- Shop outdoors at The Shops at Boca Center just down the road; at Mizner Park and Royal Palm Place in downtown Boca Raton; or at City Place in West Palm Beach.
- Downtown Delray Beach's Atlantic Avenue has art galleries, trendy shops and restaurants, as well as a variety of outdoor festivals year-round.
- Other nearby shopping malls include The Mall at Wellington Green and Boynton Beach Mall
There are 70 miles of beaches between Palm Beach and Broward counties with outdoor volleyball pits, fishing piers, picnic tables and barbecue grills dotting the beach all along the way. Visit any of our nearby beaches to experience a truly Floridian atmosphere that includes surf shops, beachfront restaurants and outdoor performers.
- Boca Raton beaches can be found at three individual parks: Spanish River Park, a mere 3 miles from campus; Red Reef Park, offering great snorkeling and diving; and South Beach Park.
- Delray Beach, 15 minutes north, offers quieter beach spots that are protected by mangrove trees, and is surrounded by great brunch, lunch and dinner spots.
- Deerfield Beach, 15 minutes south of campus, offers a spectacular pier for fishing, gorgeous rock formations and is an excellent surfing spot.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach, 30 minutes south, offers sparkling blue waters and excellent nighttime entertainment.
- South Beach, part of greater Miami Beach, is an hour drive south but well worth the drive. Enjoy the unique art deco architecture and keep on the look-out for stars and celebrities.
You can fish, play tennis, Jet Ski, water ski, surf, snorkel and dive year-round in South Florida. If you’re a golfer, there are 152 golf courses in Palm Beach county alone.
There are several movie theaters near campus, the closest of which is the Muvico Palace in Boca Raton.
Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale is another popular spot for eating, shopping, entertainment and people watching.
Music and performing arts
Another perk of living in South Florida is that you can go to outdoor concerts year-round. Keep an eye on the performance calendars at:
- Mizner Park Amphitheater, downtown Boca Raton
- Cruzan Amphitheater, West Palm Beach
You can also catch the big-name music acts and touring theater and entertainment productions at:
- Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise
- American Airlines Arena, Miami
- Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, West Palm Beach
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Fort Lauderdale
- The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Miami
And don't forget, at Lynn you're about three hours away from:
- Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure
- Walt Disney World (Including Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon)
- Sea World
- Busch Gardens
South Florida is one of only 10 metropolitan areas in the United States that has franchises in all four major league sports (which offer great internship opportunities too):
- Miami Dolphins football
- Miami Heat basketball
- Florida Panthers hockey
- Florida Marlins baseball
National golf and tennis tournaments are held during the winter throughout South Florida. And each spring, about 15 baseball teams from around the country come to Florida for spring training.