Can I be guaranteed the room of my choice?
- No, you aren't guaranteed the room in the dorm of your choice, but we will do our best to facilitate your requests.
- Upper class students precede new, incoming students by completing a room selection process each spring. In that process, the more credit hours you have, the earlier you are allowed to secure your room.
- Before you can be assigned a room you must:
- Make your deposit
- New students must complete the Housing Agreement and Housing Information Questionnaire
Is a tuition or room deposit required to reserve a space?
- Yes, a deposit is required to reserve your space in a residence hall.
- Once you have been assigned a room, you must make payment in full by the August deadline to keep the space.
How do I find out who my roommate is?
Once your housing deposit is received, the residence life staff matches you with a roommate with the help of the Housing Information Questionnaire you filled out. Then your roommate's information is mailed to you in early to mid-August, so you can contact him or her before you come to campus.
How do I change roommates, if necessary?
For the first two weeks of each semester, no one is able to change roommates. This is to make sure that everyone that has signed up for a room is accounted for. After that, your Resident Director will work with you to make all rooms and residents comfortable. Room changes can only be made with the Resident Director's approval and with all parties involved agreeing to the change.
How many students share a room?
- Most of the rooms in Trinity, de Hoernle and Freiburger are double occupancy, and rooms in E.M. Lynn and Lynn are mostly triple occupancy.
- There are some exceptions, which include a limited number of private rooms.
Can I have a private room?
- Two of the dorms - de Hoernle and Freiburger - each offer a limited number of private rooms on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There are no private/single rooms available in the other dorms on campus.
Are there any additional costs to living in a private room versus a double, triple, etc.?
Yes, there are varying price ranges based on your selection.
Do the rooms have private or community bathrooms?
- Trinity, Freiburger and de Hoernle residence halls have community bathrooms on each floor.
- E.M. Lynn and Lynn have private bathrooms in each room.
Do I have to clean my own bathroom?
- The community bathrooms are cleaned daily by members of the housekeeping staff.
- No housekeeping services are provided for individual rooms or private baths.
What furniture is provided in my room?
Each room has one bed, one mattress, one desk, one desk chair, and one dresser/wardrobe unit per person. A mirror, closet and overhead light are standard in most rooms also.
Are there computer, cable and/or phone connections in my room?
- There is one computer jack directly connected to Lynn's network, as well as cable television, local phone service and voice mail in each room. (If there are multiple computers in the room, you will need to purchase a splitter.)
- All dorms have wireless connections.
- Each student receives a Lynn e-mail account.
Can I smoke in my room?
No, all buildings on campus are smoke free.
Can I bring a car?
Yes, any student may bring a car to campus (freshman included). You must, however, register your car with the Security office and obtain your free parking permit.
May I have a pet?
Only fish are allowed (in a tank up to 10 gallons).
Are the dorms air-conditioned?
Do I have to purchase a meal plan?
Yes, all students are required to purchase one of the three meal plan options found on the dining page. Learn more about meal plan options and costs.
Where can I wash my clothes?
- E.M. Lynn has coin-operated laundry facilities on floors two through five.
- Coin-operated washers and dryers are in the campus laundry room open seven days a week, 7 a.m. to midnight.
- Or there is always Campus Suds, Inc., a pick-up/drop-off laundry service.
Are freshmen allowed to live off campus?
- Most first and second year students are required to live on campus
- Off-campus approval is only given to students who:
- are married and/or have children
- live with their parents within commuting distance of Lynn (proper documentation is required)
- are beyond their sophomore year of academic standing (48 credit hours or more)
- are 21 years or older
Can I access my room before the start of the school year?
No. Students are only allowed to begin moving into their dorms on the designated move-in day.
What is the visitation policy?
Lynn resident students may have non-registered guest(s) Sunday through Thursday, 7 a.m. until 1 a.m. and Friday and Saturday, 7 a.m. until 3 a.m.
Can I have overnight guests?
Yes, the registered overnight guest policy allows for hosting same gender friends and family members with written approval from the Resident Director.