As a result of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), all Lynn University students are required to carry some form of health insurance.
Lynn University is proud to partner with AIG Educational Markets to provide you with affordable health insurance coverage. This insurance will be provided to you automatically unless you opt out no later than Aug. 30, 2013, by following the directions below.
Some benefits of the Lynn University AIG student health insurance plan include:
- Free preventative services as specified by the PPACA
- Medical evaluation and repatriation services
- $500,000 medical coverage maximum
- Prescription co-pays of $15 / $25 / $50
How to opt out of university health insurance
If you already have annual health insurance coverage, you can opt out of the university plan by completing an online waiver. To opt out, just follow these directions:
- Access the online Lynn University AIG student insurance waiver
- Check the box to verify your intent to waive Lynn University student insurance, and click 'waive' in the bottom right box
- Complete the following form with your personal information and health insurance information, and click 'next'
You'll have an opportunity to review and verify all information before submitting your request to waive the Lynn University AIG student insurance program. You'll be notified within 3 business days if your application has been approved.