Senior Graphic Designer
|Department||Marketing and Communication|
|Job Type||Full Time||Job Category||Administrative|
|FLSA Status||Exempt||Position reports to||Art Director|
Under the supervision of the Art Director, the Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualizing design solutions and ensuring their completion; mediums include print, photography, video and web/interactive. This individual ensures that creative concepts and design solutions align with overall strategy and brand guidelines. The Senior Graphic Designer works collaboratively with internal teams and other creative talent to produce professional, high quality work appropriate for all audiences. This individual is responsible for creating and executing design concepts as well as maintaining visual appearance, usability and brand continuity.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively recommend creative communications for marketing projects that support and enhance both the Lynn brand and the marketed products.
- Initiates creative brainstorming sessions with internal partners for new projects and develops, designs, and creates comprehensive design systems based on brand strategies and concepts.
- Provides guidance and determines creative assets needed across multiple media (print/collateral, interactive/web, outdoor/exhibit).
- Provides direction, coordinates projects and works collaboratively with internal/freelance designers and vendor-partners to successfully develop and produce creative materials.
- Manages production of all print pieces from conception to completion.
- Assists Art Director and Multimedia Producer for photo and video shoots and assists with maintaining photo libraries.
- Collaborates with Art Director/Web team/internal partners in the creation of online/offline user experiences and interface design.
- Assists in organizing and managing the electronic file libraries.
- May participate in or lead creative production an implementation of the design to ensure that all creative goals are met.
- Collaborates with project manager internally and print specialist externally for accurate cost quoting and delivering programs within budgets.
- Stay current on industry trends.
- Mentors other designers (staff, freelance, interns, etc.).
- Perform technical checks on other designers work.
- Attend creative and planning meetings as assigned.
- Attend press checks as needed.
- May direct the work of in-house as well as freelance designers and vendor-partners.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Understanding of the creative process (story boarding, brainstorming, etc.).
- Solid understanding and foundation of design, color, and typography, interaction design, information design and user interface design required.
- A full understanding of the printing process and expert knowledge of press strategies.
- Portfolio that speaks to the quality of experiences delivered.
- Experience with and knowledge of branding.
- Must have electronic portfolio.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Expertise in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Quark Xpress, In Design required.
- Working knowledge of Dreamweaver.
- Excellent technical skills with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Minimum of five to seven years of related experience in an In-House, Marketing and/or Agency, Corporate environment required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of new technology and how it relates to design; continually updates design and technical skills, keeping abreast of clients’ industry news and trends.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Ability to sit over 2/3 of the time.
Applicants should submit resume and electronic portfolio to: