Executive Director - Center for Entrepreneurship / Assistant Professor
|Department||College of Business and Management|
|Job Type||Full Time||Job Category||Faculty and Teaching|
|FLSA Status||Exempt||Position reports to||Dean|
The College of Business and Management at Lynn University in Boca Raton, Fla. invites applications for an Executive Director of its newly created Center for Entrepreneurship. This position will also hold the faculty rank of Assistant Professor.
We are seeking applicants with excellent teaching ability, strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues. We offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs with specializations in the areas of Investment, Marketing and E-commerce, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Aviation, Hospitality and Sports and Athletics Management.
This position is primarily responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of entrepreneurial programs for the College of Business, as well as for developing and implementing new components of that program that are consistent with the college's mission.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach 4 courses per year, specializing in entrepreneurship courses
- Manage the Center for Entrepreneurship and the Venture Lab
- Work with college faculty on the creation of new courses, programs and initiatives to support the mission of the Center, the College and the University
- Develop new programs and workshops for the students to help them learn about entrepreneurship and acquire the skills required for ventures in both startup and corporate settings
- Lead the Center's flagship program, the Howard Isaacson Innovation Challenge
- Develop relationships with the South Florida entrepreneurial business community including resource providers
- Build and manage relationships with organizations and business partners to maximize alliances with the Center, the College and the University
- Work with college and university faculty to develop relationships that will enable students to take advantage of services offered by the Center
- Assist the Dean and the Office of Development in fundraising initiatives to support the Center
- MBA in related field from an accredited institution, with preference shown to candidates with a doctoral degree
- Demonstrated 3-5 years’ experience teaching at the college or university level
- 5-10 years’ experience starting and/or growing an entrepreneurial company
- Demonstrated competence in the use of instructional technologies
- Official transcripts must be provided
This job requires you to manage others.
Applicants should submit letter of application, curriculum vitae and three professional references to: