Director of Integrated Marketing
|Department||Marketing and Communication|
|Job Type||Full Time||Job Category||Administrative|
|FLSA Status||Exempt||Position reports to||Vice President|
Lynn University, a private, not for profit institution located in Boca Raton, Florida, is currently accepting applications for a Director of Integrated Marketing. Reporting directly to the VP for Marketing and Communication, this position is responsible for developing and managing comprehensive integrated marketing communications plans and coordinate marketing related activities across the University community; ensuring consistency in positioning, branding, messaging, and promotions efficiently and within budget.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage an ongoing comprehensive integrated marketing communications plan that includes an appropriate promotional mix, inclusive of both traditional and interactive (e.g., digital, web, and social media) marketing tools.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback to enable each employee and the department to succeed
- Drive consensus among diverse and disparate groups in order to set marketing priorities and execute plans
- Provide marketing support for student recruitment, community outreach and other activities
- Provide support for the University-wide branding process and products
- Manage the University-wide advertising program
- Expand the use of web, social media and other innovations in marketing and brand management to support University priorities
- Oversee and manage integrated marketing materials
- Project manage print, digital, social, and event programs for advertisers, including communicating with clients, sticking to timelines and budgets, event production, digital campaign management and provide recaps
- Actively seek new ideas and build knowledge base of category and industry to share with the team
- Serve as day-to-day point person with internal creative teams to facilitate creative development
- Responsible for managing the process, such as creating project briefs, obtaining all necessary internal approvals and vet all ideas and new promotional concepts with internal and external constituents
- Assist the marketing team in the development of new concepts and marketing campaigns
- Master's degree in marketing, advertising, or directly relevant discipline preferred
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field required
- 10 years of progressive experience in marketing and promotions in similarly complex organizational environment
- Must be congenial, comfortable in public speaking situations, and persuasive.
- Must have a strong and proven skill set for integrated marketing in complex organizations.
- Significant strategic brand development and brand management experience is required
- Significant cross-functional project management experience is required
- Fiscal responsibility, particularly budget management, commensurate with executing integrated marketing communications plans for organizations of similar scope and stature to Lynn University strategy, product/service development/launch, brand management, creative promotions, and marketing communications. Services marketing and/or educational marketing a plus
- Proven ability to create integrated marketing communications plans, develop product/service positioning, provide market and competitive analysis
- Experience working with and directing strategy and resources in the areas of interactive media, direct marketing, websites and print/collateral
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms up to 1/3 of the time
- Ability to sit, talk/hear and use hands to finger, handle or feel over 2/3 of the time
- This job has no special vision requirements
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Applicants should submit cover letter and resume to: