Dean of the Ross College of Education
|Department||College of Education|
|Job Type||Full Time||Job Category||Administrative|
|FLSA Status||Exempt||Position reports to||Vice President for Academic Affairs|
Lynn University invites applications for the Dean of the Ross College of Education (COE).
Located in Boca Raton, Fla., Lynn University is a private, not for profit liberal arts institution with a total enrollment of more than 2,000 graduate and undergraduate students from 47 states and 77 nations. The Ross College of Education offers an undergraduate degree (B.S.) in Elementary Education (Grades K-6), graduate degrees (M.Ed.) in Educational Leadership and Exceptional Student Education, as well as a terminal degree (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide creative and collaborative leadership
- Lead, plan and coordinate all academic programming for the Ross College of Education
- Managing budget and allocating resources to all programs within the college
- Supervise and formally evaluate faculty and staff
- Provide reports to accrediting bodies (i.e., FL DOE, CPED, SACS)
- Form strategic partnerships with area institutions
- Spearhead community outreach efforts on behalf of the university
- Support university-wide development and fundraising efforts
- Doctoral degree in Education or related field
- 7-10 years’ administrative experience at the level of department chair or higher
- Practical experience in the K-12 environment
- Working knowledge of and experience with state, national and specialized accreditation and assessment
- A collaborative, collegial, open and communicative management style
This job requires you to manage others.
Applicants should submit cover letter, CV and three letters of professional reference to: