|Job Type||Full Time||Job Category||Administrative|
|FLSA Status||Exempt||Position reports to||Director of Information Systems|
This position is responsible for designing, developing, testing and maintaining software applications. The Application Developer will support the senior application developer in converting existing applications to support mobile technologies.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support senior developer in designing, developing and implementing software applications.
- Support senior developer in all information systems integrations.
- Develop software, including database design, scripting, user interface forms, and content storage.
- Design, plan, test and implement product features.
- Support migration projects from existing system to new systems.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in computerized information services and college computer systems; participates in appropriate meetings, classes, conferences, workshops, and seminars for possible application to the institution enterprise solutions.
- Work as a part of a team for the Information Technology Department and across teams to support the implementation of new products.
- Diagnoses, evaluates and resolves complex problems in areas of expertise, communicating resolutions in an effective manner.
- Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and translates into technical requirements.
- Customizes and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code. Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process. Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs. Consults with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Assure security and privacy protocols are followed.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs. Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Monitors application performance after implementation.
- Design, create, populate, and integrate new applications with legacy systems.
- Create technical documentation on software implementation and operation.
- Work with our Senior application developer to implement mobile solutions.
- Good understanding of cross-platform/cross-browser compatibility issues & limitations of various browser versions.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- A minimum of two years post secondary education in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and two years experience in application development
- Experience in object oriented programming. Experience with application development C#, VB.net, XML, XSLT, ASP.NET preferred.
- Knowledge of relational databases (MS SQL preferred)
- Experience with HTML CSS
- Knowledge of responsive user experience (preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft OS and Mac OS as well as iOS.
- Ability to communicate data management best practices
- Ability to manipulate, reformat and transmit data
- Ability to work effectively with end users of all skill levels and the ability to work independently set priorities and manage multiple projects.
- Must have good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and to establish priorities.
- Ability to work well independently and collegially in a team environment with a variety of people.
- Ability to stand and walk up to 1/3 of the time.
- Ability to sit over 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms up to 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to talk or hear up to 2/3 of the time.
- This job has no special vision requirements.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants should submit cover letter and resume to: