Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program
- Bright Futures recipients will receive a fixed cost per credit hour award
- Florida Academic Scholar (FAS) = $103.00
- Florida Medallion Scholar (FMS) = $77.00
- Florida Academic Scholars (FAS) college related expense allowance was discontinued.
- Bright Futures scholarship award amounts for each semester are based on the number of credits in which a student was enrolled in on the last day of drop/add. If the number of credits decreases during the semester due to a late drop or withdrawal, we are required to reduce your scholarship accordingly and return the funds to state via The Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA). The student must repay that amount to the school. If they do not repay the cost of the dropped or withdrawn course, they will not be eligible to renew their Bright Futures award for the following school year.
- Renewal Criteria. As of the 2009-10 academic year, Bright Futures recipients are required to meet new minimum credit hour requirements to renew their award each year. The Florida Legislature now requires full-time students to earn at least 24 semester hours, or the equivalent in quarter or clock hours, to renew their award (prorated for part-time students) at the end of the spring term.
Finally, Bright Futures recipients who do not meet the new credit hour renewal requirements will have the opportunity to restore their award in a subsequent academic year. This applies to students who were funded and did not meet the minimum credit hour renewal requirements effective from the 2009-10 academic year and thereafter.
|Credit Hour Type
||Student Funded (per term)
||Required Earned Hours (per term) For Renewal
|Semester Hour||12+ Hours (full time)
|9-11 Hours (three-quarter time)
|6-8 Hours (half time)
What this means for Lynn University students
In previous years, Lynn students would receive a Bright Futures award amount calculated using the average state tuition as its foundation. The other two provisions most affecting Lynn students are the repayment requirement and the minimum hour requirement.
Full-time students must complete 12 credits each semester for renewal the next year.
All students who get a “W” grade will have to pay back the dollar credit given for that course in order to be renewed for the following year.
Need-based Aid: No
Award Amount: $77-$103 per academic credit, prorated if you're enrolled less than full-time
This aid is for undergraduate day students