- Toll free
Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program
- Bright Futures recipients will receive a fixed cost per credit hour award
- Florida Academic Scholar (FAS) = $103.00
- Florida Medallion Scholar (FMS) = $77.00
- Florida Academic Scholars (FAS) college related expense allowance was discontinued.
- Repayment for courses funded by Bright Futures that are Dropped/Withdrawn students will be required to repay the cost of any course dropped or withdrawn unless an exception is recommended by the financial aid office at their home postsecondary institution. An exception will be based on a verifiable illness or emergency beyond the student’s control. Repayment for the cost of dropped or withdrawn courses is required to renew a Bright Futures award for a subsequent academic year.
- Renewal Criteria. As of the 2009-10 academic year, Bright Futures recipients are required to meet new minimum credit hour requirements to renew their award each year. The Florida Legislature now requires full-time students to earn at least 24 semester hours, or the equivalent in quarter or clock hours, to renew their award (prorated for part-time students) at the end of the spring term.
Finally, Bright Futures recipients who do not meet the new credit hour renewal requirements will have the opportunity to restore their award in a subsequent academic year. This applies to students who were funded and did not meet the minimum credit hour renewal requirements effective from the 2009-10 academic year and thereafter.
|Credit Hour Type
||Student Funded (per term)
||Required Earned Hours (per term) For Renewal
|Semester Hour||12+ Hours (full time)
|9-11 Hours (three-quarter time)
|6-8 Hours (half time)
What this means for Lynn University students
In previous years, Lynn students would receive a Bright Futures award amount calculated using the average state tuition as its foundation. The other two provisions most affecting Lynn students are the repayment requirement and the minimum hour requirement.
Full-time students must complete 12 credits each semester for renewal the next year.
All students who get a “W” grade will have to pay back the dollar credit given for that course in order to be renewed for the following year.
Need-based Aid: No
Award Amount: $77-$103 per academic credit, prorated if you're enrolled less than full-time
This aid is for undergraduate day students