- Demonstrate a commitment to remove financial barriers for those who wish to pursue postsecondary learning.
- Make every effort to assist students with financial need.
- Educate students and families through quality consumer information.
the dignity and protect the privacy of students, and assure the
confidentiality of student records and personal circumstances.
equity by applying all need analysis formulas and packaging policies
consistently across the institution’s full population of student
financial aid applicants.
- Provide services that do not
discriminate against students on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity,
sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or economic status.
- Submit award notifications and denials within a reasonable amount of time from the date of application.
the continuation of a quality assurance plan to review financial aid
records and work delegated to staff to ensure consistency and
compliance with statutes, regulations, and institutional policies and
- Ensure that the student has explored all other
potential sources of aid and caution the student to borrow the minimum
- Prohibit any agent or employee of a lender from staffing the financial aid office at any time.
- Prohibit any remuneration for recommending any lender or for participation on any financial aid advisory board.
- Review the institution’s recommended private lender list annually.
- Recognize the need for and support professional development and continuing education opportunities.
- Promote the full expression of ideas and opinions, and foster respect for diverse viewpoints within the profession.
- Commit to the highest level of ethical behavior and refrain from conflict of interest or the perception thereof.
every attempt possible to automate office procedures and functions and
examine all available avenues to obtain necessary equipment.