How to apply to Lynn University using your benefits
- Submit a Lynn University application.
- Submit all official high school, college and university transcripts (as applicable)
- Submit your military transcripts
- The application fee is waived for veterans.
- Submit a copy of form DD 214
- Meet with an admission counselor and Lynn’s VA Certifying Official (VCO)
Some veterans may be eligible for benefits online via Veterans Online Applications (VONAPP). Service members should not submit an application using VONAPP until they call their VA Regional Office at 1‐800‐827‐1000.
Do not use VONAPP if you are receiving compensation, pension, or vocational rehabilitation benefits; are applying for an increase in benefits; already have a pending application for benefits; or are notifying the VA about dependency or income changes.
Obtaining your military transcripts
Lynn University offers credit for military training. These credits apply to the completion of your degree program and can shorten the length of time it takes for you to complete your degree.
Information about military transcripts and how to request a transcript is available from each branch of the military:
- Army (AARTS transcript)
- Navy and Marine Corps (SMART Transcript)
- Air Force (CCAF Transcript)
- Coast Guard (USCG Transcript)
Applying for direct deposit of your benefits
1. When completing the Application for VA Education Benefits (VA Form 22‐1990 Part III (Direct Deposit Information) attach a voided personal check or provide the name of bank account and include the 9 digit routing or transit number and the account number in the spaces provided.
2. Log in to Web Automated Reference Materials System (create an account if you are a new user). On the WAVE main page, click on the link that says “Direct Deposit Enrollment Form.” This form can be submitted electronically, or you can print out a hard copy and mail it to your local RPO.
3. Call the VA Direct Deposit Center at 1‐877‐838‐2778. If you are new to WAVE and your enrollment has not yet been processed, you may not be able to create a WAVE account. You will gain access once your enrollment has been processed.
Direct deposit is not available for Dependents and Survivors Educational Benefits – DEA (Chapter 35) and VEAP (Chapter 32).
Communications and correspondence
Using your VA educational benefits will generate both Lynn University and VA correspondence. The documents you will receive include copies of enrollment certifications, changes in student status from the VA and Verification of Enrollment forms from the DVA RPO. Please read all correspondence carefully and bring any misunderstandings or discrepancies to the attention of Lynn’s VA Certifying Official immediately so we can assist in clarifying or correcting it.
We recommend creating and maintaining a file for all VA and university correspondence. We also suggest that you keep a photocopy of each check received.
- Lt. Col. Jeffrey Johnson, USAFR, Dean, Burton D. Morgan School of Aeronautics