“I am flying high and ready to start my own business as a service disabled veteran. My goal, upon completion of the MBA program at Lynn, is to start my own airline and subcontract with the U.S. government.
I am eagerly looking forward to matriculating at Lynn University because I know that their faculty and staff will not fail me and my ambitions. It is my honor to be one of the first “yellow ribbon” recipients at Lynn. I promise to proudly represent past and present military service members and Lynn University with this tremendous opportunity.”
- Frederic P. Pollino, retired U.S. Army chief warrant officer
How to apply
To receive admission to Lynn University, you must send all required documents listed below to the Office of Admission.
- Application(application fee waived for veterans)
- Official transcripts from all previous schools attended
- Military transcripts
- Form DD214
- Meet with an admission counselor and Lynn's VA Certifying Official (VCO)
You may need to submit additional documents if you belong to one of the following groups:
- Transfer students
- International students
- Conservatory students
- Evening undergraduate students
- Graduate students
- Doctoral students
Some veterans may be eligible for benefits online via Veterans Online Applications (VONAPP). Service members should not submit an application using VONAPP until they call their VA Regional Office at 1‐800‐827‐1000.
Do not use VONAPP if you are receiving compensation, pension, or vocational rehabilitation benefits; are applying for an increase in benefits; already have a pending application for benefits; or are notifying the VA about dependency or income changes.
Obtaining your military transcripts
Lynn University offers credit for military training. These credits apply to the completion of your degree program and can shorten the length of time it takes for you to complete your degree.
Information about military transcripts and how to request a transcript is available from each branch of the military:
- Army (AARTS transcript)
- Navy and Marine Corps (SMART Transcript)
- Air Force (CCAF Transcript)
- Coast Guard (USCG Transcript)
Applying for direct deposit of your benefits
- When completing the Application for VA Education Benefits (VA Form 22‐1990 Part III (Direct Deposit Information) attach a voided personal check or provide the name of bank account and include the 9 digit routing or transit number and the account number in the spaces provided, OR
- Log in to Web Automated Reference Materials System (create an account if you are a new user). On the WAVE main page, click on the link that says “Direct Deposit Enrollment Form.” This form can be submitted electronically, or you can print out a hard copy and mail it to your local RPO, OR
- Call the VA Direct Deposit Center at 1‐877‐838‐2778. If you are new to WAVE and your enrollment has not yet been processed, you may not be able to create a WAVE account. You will gain access once your enrollment has been processed.
Direct deposit is not available for Dependents and Survivors Educational Benefits – DEA (Chapter 35) and VEAP (Chapter 32).
Communications and correspondence
Using your VA educational benefits will generate both Lynn University and VA correspondence. The documents you will receive include copies of enrollment certifications, changes in student status from the VA and Verification of Enrollment forms from the DVA RPO. Please read all correspondence carefully and bring any misunderstandings or discrepancies to the attention of Lynn’s VA Certifying Official immediately so we can assist in clarifying or correcting it.
We recommend creating and maintaining a file for all VA and university correspondence. We also suggest that you keep a photocopy of each check received.