We welcome motivated students who will commit to becoming an active participant in their education and who will thrive in a highly individualized learning environment.
If you choose to apply test optional, your application will be evaluated holistically with consideration given to various factors including your high school grade point average, strength of curriculum, progression of courses taken, letters of recommendation, and through an interview process if deemed necessary.
If you're a first-year student and you're interested in participating in an athletic program, or if you are home-schooled, then you are required to submit standardized test scores.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I let the Office of Admission know that I would like to apply as a test optional student?
A question can be found on the admission application asking if you would like to apply as a test optional student. If you select yes, your application will be evaluated without taking standardized test scores into consideration.
- Why would I want to submit standardized test scores if they are optional?
You may choose to submit standardized test scores if you feel that they are an accurate representation of you and your potential to succeed at Lynn University. You may also feel that your test scores will serve you well during the admission review process.
- Will I be at a disadvantage if I decide to apply as a test optional student?
No, you won't be at a disadvantage if you apply as a test optional student. Our holistic approach to admission takes into consideration various factors from your years in high school in order to determine your ability to be successful at Lynn University.
- What if I've already submitted standardized test scores and don't want them to be considered?
As long as you've applied as a test optional student, your scores won't be considered as part of the admission decision.
- If I apply as a test optional student, do I ever have to submit my test scores?
If you have taken a standardized test but apply as a test optional student, you will be asked to submit your scores after you have gained admission to Lynn University. Your scores will be used for research purposes only and will not be included in your permanent record.
- I am a home-schooled student. Should I submit standardized test scores?
Yes. Home-schooled students are required to submit standardized test scores for admission consideration.
- I am an international student. Should I submit standardized test scores?
International students may choose to apply for test optional admission. If your first language is not English, you will need to submit proof of English proficiency. A minimum score of 71 on the TOEFL or 6.0 on the IELTS is required.
- I am an athlete looking to play on a varsity athletic team at Lynn University. Should I submit standardized test scores?
Yes. Student athletes are required to submit standardized test scores for admission. In order to compete on an athletic team you will need to be cleared through the NCAA Eligibility Center. The NCAA requires all student athletes to have completed a standardized test.
- Can I change my mind about applying as a test optional student?
Yes. If you change your mind during the admission process, contact your admission counselor and they will advise you on how to make the adjustment.