You are considered a graduate international student if you have successfully completed a bachelor's degree AND one of the following statements applies to you:
- You're a citizen of a country other than the U.S., and your passport is from that country
- You're a U.S. citizen and your home address or university is outside of the U.S.
- You're a permanent resident of the U.S. and your home address or university is outside of the U.S.
If English is not your first language:
You should submit one of the tests listed below. Only official test scores sent directly by the testing organization will be accepted. We recommend the following scores:
- TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test) or 80 (internet-based test)
- IELTS score of at least 6.5
- PTE score of at least 55
Consideration may be given to students who fall slightly below our recommended TOEFL/IELTS scores. These cases will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Office of Admission.
If you are an international student from the Commonwealth Caribbean, Bermuda, Canada, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand, you do not need to submit proof of English language proficiency.
How to apply
To receive admission to Lynn University, you must send all required documents listed below to the Office of Admission.
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official university documents or transcripts bearing the institution's seal or stamp
- Issued in English, or with certified English translation
- Sent directly to the Lynn University Office of Admission
- If your documents/transcripts are from a university system different than the U.S., they must be evaluated by an international evaluation company (we recommend NACES.)
- Letter of recommendation from a previous professor or employer
- Current resume
Graduate transfer credit policy
Lynn University accepts a maximum of six transfer credits for graduate students.