It’s about getting out there and participating in the real world. Lynn is just your training ground. There’s a whole world beyond the Boca Raton campus, and there are lots of ways for you to soak it up through:
- Study abroad programs
- Community service projects
- Club and organization projects
- Experiential learning trips
- Leadership training
Here’s just a sampling of what some Lynn students experience outside the classroom:
- Interview with campus visitors like CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien, author Carl Hiaasen, and historian Doris Kearns Goodwin.
- Participate in Winter Major League Baseball Meetings, the NCAA Final Four tournament, baseball's spring training games; help run local tournaments; and tour the polo grounds and major league sports complexes in the area.
- Meet top leaders in business and the hospitality industry such as Harley Davidson, Pilot Pens, Outback Steakhouse, Subway Development Corp., Gaylord Entertainment.
- Produce Lynn’s own "Project Runway," fashion show; fly to New York City and Los Angeles for Fashion Week, and work behind-the-scenes at well-known designers' runway shows.
- Become FAA Certified Flight Instructors.
- Serve as judges at the Boca Raton Junior League's Chocolate Decadence Festival and participate in Delray Beach’s Garlic Fest.
- Help others (Hurricane Katrina survivors, local families through Habitat for Humanity, the poor in Haiti).
- Attend professional meetings and conferences like the National Broadcasting Society regional convention in Orlando, the Rocky Mountain Psychology Conference in Utah, and the American Resort Development Association Conference (ARDA) in Orlando, Fla.
- Visit the training facility of Airbus North America in Miami.
- Participate in leadership training seminars, the Student Government Association, Residence Housing Association and mentoring programs.