An ideal option
When students need to improve their English-speaking skills in order to successfully transition to college, Lynn University offers an ideal option – the Lynn University Bridge Program. The Bridge Program expertly blends intensive English instruction with university coursework, enabling students to become a fully involved college student at Lynn University.
Who should participate in the Bridge Program?
The Bridge Program is designed specifically for Lynn applicants who score between 50 and 71 on the TOEFL (internet-based) or between 4.0 and 6.0 on the IELTS, and who meet all other university admission requirements.
Students who are interested in applying for the Bridge Program should follow the application requirements for international students.
While taking 18 hours of English classes, students enroll in two university-level courses. Completion of the Bridge Program enables students to make a successful transition into the university’s fulltime undergraduate program. Students live on campus and are fully matriculated at Lynn University.
A Bridge Program student may follow the following schedule (for illustrative purposes only)
- 9-10 a.m. – University course
- 10-11 a.m. – University course
- 1-2 p.m. – Advanced Speaking and Listening course
- 2-3 p.m. – Advanced Reading and Writing course
- 3-4 p.m. – Advanced Communication and Presentation course
The program of study has been created in collaboration with English language instruction leader LAL Language Centres, which provides 30 years of experience of the highest standards.
- Bridge Program students participate in seminar-style classes
- Classes are designed to enhance critical thinking and reasoning, written and oral communication expertise, information technology skills, quantitative reasoning and scientific literacy.
- The curriculum, aligned with Lynn’s core curriculum helps develop the reading, writing and research skills needed to successfully navigate university study.
- The focus is on expanding knowledge of academic content and vocabulary, writing in various academic genres using formal English, developing active reading strategies and critical reading skills, and incorporating research into writing.
- Students also learn to use grammatical structures in spoken and written academic contexts and study academic interactions.
- Building lecture-listening and note-taking skills, participating in group and whole class discussions, and incorporating research into presentations are also integral aspects of the program.
Why Lynn’s Bridge Program?
- Small classes
- Students live on campus and enjoy all aspects of university life
- Faculty serve as advisors
- Unmatched South Florida location, close to three international airports
- U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” issue ranks Lynn University among the 268 higher education institutions that make its “National Universities” list and fourth among this peer group for percentage of international students, with 21 percent of its student body coming from other nations
- Boutique educational experience
- World-renowned program for students with learning differences
- An academic program for every interest, passion and style
- Nationally acclaimed sports programs with 21 national championships
- Over 40 student clubs and organizations
What international students say about Lynn
“Transitioning from high school to college can be hard for several students, but it is especially hard for the international ones. The mentor program has helped me feel like I have someone to lean on while being far, far away from home. My mentors make me feel at home.”
– Alezandra Berrio, business administration, Panama City, Panama
“I could not imagine myself anywhere else but here. The amount of international students drew me in. After my first semester here, I learned that the best way to succeed in life is to be truly prepared and to build an exceptional network. By the time you finish your studies, you have connections and network with students and professionals from every single corner of the world.”
– Pedro Saona, business administration, Guayaquil, Ecuador