1,000 students from more than 70 nations
Teaching more than 1,000 students from more than 70 nations, the College of Business and Management is the largest—and most international—college at Lynn University. So large, and so international, that it warranted having its own brand new building.
In March of 2013, Lynn broke ground on a new building, the International Business Center (IBC), designed specifically to accommodate our growing College of Business and Management. The center will be outfitted with technology systems to enhance the students’ educational environment, and include space for 11 classrooms, plus a wealth of other areas including:
- A Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI), developing skills in the creation and development of new companies
- The Venture Lab, a branch of the CEI, which will transform students’ start-up concepts into ready-to-launch businesses
- An Investment and Trading Room, providing access to the same resources and technology that students will use in their business careers
- Beyond the Classroom, a space for students to enjoy hands-on learning and work on campus with outside companies
- A new Career Preparation and Internship Center
In addition, more than 15 other new spaces will provide conference and meeting areas for collaboration between students, faculty and outside corporations.
And keeping with Lynn's Going Green initiative, which is the largest of its kind in the state, the IBC is pursuing LEED Platinum certification—the highest level of certification awarded by the United States Green Building Coalition. The building's green design features will:
- Take advantage of natural sunlight as a lighting source, decreasing the need for artificial lighting
- Harvest rainwater, reducing the use of ground water
- Offer two recycling stations for trash disposal