Winners of the 2010 Lynn Conservatory Concerto Competition announced
Published Oct. 26, 2010
Lynn University Conservatory of Music hosts an annual Concerto Competition where student musicians are selected to perform as soloists with Lynn’s Philharmonia Orchestra. Twenty-six students participated in the preliminary round (Friday, Oct. 22 - Saturday, Oct. 23) and 10 were selected to compete in the 2010 Final Round Concert. The four winners and one alternate were selected on Sunday, Oct. 24, by a panel of guest judges (Carol Wincenc, Andres Cardenes and Bruce Murray).
The winners will perform as soloists on Saturday, Dec. 4 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 5 at 4 p.m., with the Lynn Philharmonia in the Keith C. and Elaine Johnson Wold performing Arts Center. Programming for the Philharmonia Orchestra No. 3 will differ for each night.
The four conservatory student winners are:
- pianist Valeriya Polunina who performed Rachmaninoff Concerto No. 2 in C minor (will perform Dec. 4)
- pianist Seba Ali who performed Ravel Concerto in G major (will perform Dec. 4)
- violinist Zhenyang Yu who performed Shostakovich Concerto, op. 77 (will perform Dec. 5)
- clarinetist Ciprian Stancioi who performed von Weber Concerto No. 2 in E-flat major (will perform Dec. 5)
The alternate conservatory student winner is:
- clarinetist Stojo Miserlioski who performed Nielsen Concerto, op.57