WhenAug. 18, 2012 04:00 PM to
Aug. 22, 2012 12:00 PM
ContactPaul Turner, Dean of Students
The Lynn University Florida Experience is an incredible pre-orientation program for new international students. It not only will ease your transition to college life, but will let you meet other new students who may become your lifelong friends, and will help you get to know some important university staff members who can mentor and help you throughout your four years at Lynn University.
- Team building
- Shopping for necessities
Pre-orientation programs help you connect with other students who are also new to the university, and Lynn faculty and staff, before the school year begins.
And, the Florida Experience takes place in one of the world's most beautiful and famous locations - The Florida Keys and Key West.
|Saturday, Aug. 18||
|Sunday, Aug. 19||
|Monday, Aug. 20||
|Tuesday, Aug. 21||
|Wednesday, Aug. 22||
|Thursday, Aug. 23||
*please bring money and/or credit card
What to bring
Since you will be moving into your residence hall when you arrive on campus on Saturday, Aug. 18, please arrive with everything you will need for the fall term.
Consider packing one small bag for the Florida Experience with:
- beach towel and bathing suits (2)
- t-shirts (2) and shorts (2)
- water shoes and sneakers
- hat and sunscreen
- long sleeved shirt and long pants
- spending money for lunch in Key West, souvenirs, etc.
Important to know
- Students should plan to arrive at the Lynn University campus on Saturday, Aug. 18, no later than 4 p.m. Please arrange your flight accordingly.
- Lynn University will provide van transportation from the Miami International Airport to the university on Saturday, Aug. 18. The van will depart the airport at 2:30 p.m.
- If you plan to arrive in Boca Raton before Saturday please arrange to stay at one of the hotels in the area.
The Florida Experience is a university-sponsored program that is substance-free. The use or possession of alcohol or drugs is a violation of the University Code of Conduct.
All participating students must fill out a Liability Release Form. Following your registration, the dean of students will send you the form and instructions.
Application deadline and program cost
The fee for the Florida Experience is $450, which covers all program costs, including lodging, food, transportation, staffing and venue admissions. The fee can be paid online or by check. If paying by check please include your completed registration form from the Florida Experience brochure.
Registration and fees must be received by Aug. 1, 2012.