Lynn University is carefully monitoring Tropical Storm Erika and any impact it may have on Welcome Weekend and the start of classes. More information.
John Bennardo has an extensive background in film and television, having received his master’s degree from the American Film Institute in Los Angeles and then working as a producer on several television shows on networks such as ABC, Fox, Lifetime and the Oxygen Network. In addition to his teaching duties at Lynn, Bennardo is also a documentary filmmaker; his most recent achievement was the feature-length “The Two Dollar Bill Documentary”, which has received national press. Bennardo also does freelance video production and editing work for corporations and small businesses.
- B.S., University of Miami
- M.F.A., American Film Institute
John Bennardo believes that every student is important and deserves the best he can offer. In addition to the classroom setting, Bennardo provides one-on-one, hands-on teaching of film and television equipment and procedure.
- Film and TV procedure
- Film and TV editing
- Film and TV writing
- Analyzing media works
Areas of Scholarship and Professional Practice
- Video production
- Video editing
- Writing for news
- Video journalism
- Marketing through video
- Member of Alpha Epsilon Rho
- Documentary, "Turning Point: A Woman’s Drive to Self-Discovery," Official Selection, Delray Beach Film Festival, 2006
- Documentary, "Roots: The Hair-Raising Story of a Guy Named Sy," Official Selection, Palm Beach International Film Festival, 2007
- Deaver Award for Teaching Excellence
- Documentary, "The Two Dollar Bill Documentary", Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, 2015